Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Houston...we have laughter

FINALLY!!!! Someone in this world thinks i'm funny!!!! My daughter may only be 14 weeks old but she's brillant! There's a little spot that i can kiss on her rib cage and she just laughs...it's absolutely precious. I haven't updated my blog since I went back to work but that's because life has gotten hectic. James is home and is using this as a 9 week video game fest- which means- thank god my baby isn't crawling because she'd have no where to go. There's junk everywhere. So instead of 1 baby, i have two! And the funny thing is that my first friday back at my new job i got a phone call from the state wanting me to interview for a state attorney's position. So i'm doing a baaaddd thing. I asked off of work for thursday afternoon to go to this job interview. Getting this job would be a huge opportunity for us, but it comes for some major issues

1) the job is an hour away from our apartment and with James still in school that means that I am either up for 2 hours on the road 5 days a week or that Amelia and I will have to move in with my inlaws during the week.... which begs another question

2) if I don't take amelia to sleep at my inlaws during the week and i chose to commute this means not seeing my child for about 11 hours a day, but with this being a state job i am guaranteed almost one federal holiday a month

either way this means that basically if i take this job what I'm coming home to now is going to be the norm- a baby that is so tired of sitting in her chair watching her father play games all day that she won't let me put her down and a house that i can't walk through. The truth stands that dh can't leave the university because he'll have to pay for his classes which means he at least has to stay on campus. I can't stand the thought of amelia only seeing her daddy on the weekends but the financial bump this job would give us would put us that much closer to building our house. i have no idea what to do....pray for this to go well or pray that it doesn't... i guess the only thing i can do is put it in god's hands and pray he knows which way it should go.

2 comments:

  1. oooo... decisions... tough. i'll pray that the right thing will happen, whatever that may be and that you'll know what to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frankly, James needs to step it up. He is a stay at home dad right now. Not a stay at home guy who happens to have a baby in the house.

    I hope the job stuff goes well. Which ever way you decide to go!

    ReplyDelete