Thursday, March 18, 2010

Luck of the Irish!

St. Patrick is my new favorite saint. Why? Because last night Amelia slept from 11:30-4:45 in her crib!!!! I woke up at 3:30 and panicked because I hadn't heard from her, so I went to her room and there she was sleeping like a log. I do still worry sometimes about her sleeping in her room alone- I mean even with the sleep positioner. I went to get her one night last week and the little booger had rolled over the sleep positioner and was laying perpendicular to it with her feet in the air. Then a couple of nights ago I went to get her and she had shimmed all the way down the position and had her foot hanging out between the bars of the crib. I'm starting to think I should get a breathable bumper just to keep her appendages inside the crib. I really hope this isn't a fluke. I've been working hard to put her on a schedule before I go back to work next week (suck). As of now, she gets up, I change her, she eats and then plays for about an hour and a half and is out again. This routine continues until about 5 when she gets UP. We're still fighting the 8 or 9 pm 40 minute nap monster. Starting at 8, we have bath, bottle, snuggle and she's out. Most of the time she's up 40 minutes later and stays up til about 11 or 12. What's funny is last night I decided to push the nighttime schedule back an hour and still at 9 oclock she was so fussy she passed out with no provocation, only of course to wake up 20 minutes later and stay up til 11:30. I will win.

1 comment:

  1. You will win! Keep at it! 11:30-4:45 is awesome! See me trying to be so positive! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete