Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Amelia-1 Mommy-0

Last night was our first night of trying to get Amelia to sleep in her crib. We purchased a sleep positioner to elevate her head and keep her from rolling over since she likes to sleep on her side. I started our bedtime routine- bath, bottle, story, rock and was moving in for the kill. I laid her down in her crib and NOTTA for about 30 minutes...then she woke up. I rocked her for a minute or two and then put her back down. This last til 1:30 am when I gave up and put her in the bed with me (on her sleep positioner though) . At that point my little stinker looked at me and just started grinning and smiling. It was so cute. But I know she was laying there looking at me going "hahaha Sucker!" Tonight is round 2. I go back to work on the 26th- I have 23 days to get her into the crib. My marriage is a bit strained because of our sleeping arrangements. James is pretty much no help and there is very little room for error left around him. Last night I was playing with her on her playmat and her music machine fell over and bopped her in the head and James just absolutely flipped. So she's screaming, he's panicking...and then later when we put her back in her bed and she wouldn't stay he goes - "well maybe she's just afraid she's going to get hurt"....yes because I intentionally hit my child with her music machine. What a turd. If he only knew how hard it was to be a parent (and not the kind that holds the baby while he plays WOW) he'd have a lot more appreciation for what I do. His turn is coming and given his lack of involvement since that kid died on campus and he started his little slump I think it's going to be a very rude awakening for him.

2 comments:

  1. I just left town LOL I knew Kurt needed some time alone with Ryan so he'd a. be more confident in his parenting skills and b. appreciate what I do.
    So at 8 weeks I went to texas for 2 days.

    And as I said in my email, keep it up. It took weeks before Ryan settled into the routine. But now it was all WORTH IT!!!! Possibly the best thing I have done so far with this kid is that bedtime routine.

    ReplyDelete