Monday, March 1, 2010

god's path

Do you ever feel as if god is not only trying to direct you in a path but that he is determined to force you to take a given path? Case in point- i go back from leave in 3 weeks. I have spent my entire break applying for law jobs. I just spent $200 to pick up my malpractice insurance so I could start taking GAL cases and guess what- not only have I yet to get an interview but there are no gal positions open in my area. This morning, however, my boss's boss contacted me to tell me that they are moving me to the main hospital when I go back and that within 2 months I would be full time...that means benefits...that means retirement...and that means that I will work at a publically funded institution that qualifies me for Obama's fancy loan forgiveness program and it means that in 5 years they will start matching my retirement 2-1. It's kinda hard to be disappointed in not finding a job in my field when my office is literally a few steps from my office and they said that if any GAL positions become open that they would allow me to take a few cases on the side.

1 comment:

  1. def. not the worst thing in the world! and you can always change later...

    ReplyDelete