Sunday, February 28, 2010
renewal
Last night we left Amelia with my sil and went to the gambling boat outside of Cincinnati. Though the placed was PACKED we had such a great time. As my friends and I gambled away our budgeted money (James and I were ballin' high- we took $30 to spend and came home with $31- ballas, i tell you) we watched in absolute horror as the people around us were literally dumping $100 bills into penny slots. Now, I love the Wizard of Oz slot machine. It's a lot of fun. There were only 3 of them on the boat. I watched one couple put $100 into the machine before they gave up and I thought they spent a fortune...until this little man sat down beside me and started out with $100. When that was gone, I thought (and the woman waiting for his seat thought) that he was done...no...he was just standing up to get another $100 bill...he did this 6 times and lost it all. $600 into a penny slot. gone. The man on the other side of me put $400 into the monopoly machine. That's $1000 folks. I was flabbergasted. I can't imagine doing that. We did have a lot of fun. For one night I felt like my normal self. I came home though and could hear my poor baby screaming through the back door. She missed me. lol. I picked her up and she stopped but today she's slept a lot. I'm afraid she's fighting something off. Tomorrow is shot day. I hope it goes well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i'm glad you got a night out! poor baby w/the shots :(
ReplyDelete