Wednesday, February 10, 2010

week 6

is SOOO much better than week 5. lol. it's true. every week gets a little easier. We are no longer spending the entire night in the recliner. Amelia starts off with a 3.5 hour stint in either her cradle (which we elevated the head on due to her congestion- put a pillow under the mattress to keep it soft) and then we either move to the guest bed or the recliner. Not quite so much on the crib yet, but I'm taking steps everyday to get her familar with the concept. I bought her a Mommy bear (with the heartbeat) and i turn it on for her and place it by her head. somehow she always winds up wiggling to where here head is between the bear's legs. She's also smiling now and starting to "interact"/become familar with her toys. She has a little doll with brown pigtails (a la Eileen) and we play Grover's famous Near and Far game with it. She is also fond of talking to her mobile. I need to get this on video tape. She'll be grown before I know it.

This week also lead to our first fever. I thought she was warm yesterday and I got up the courage to take her temperature rectally- 100.3. -100.4 is automatic hospitalization here, so I took her straight to the dr and apparently where she had the sniffles recently it had started to move into her ear and an infection was settling in. So we're choking down our first round of antibiotics. She seems to be feeling better though- she's definitely been happier since we started on them.

2 comments:

  1. yay for better and better weeks! boo for a fever/ear infection :( sounds like she's doing better though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't the smiles just melt your heart!

    ReplyDelete