I have been really lucky so far to not have ppd, however there are always certain things on television that make me well up.
1) that stupid Sarah McLaughlin ASPCA commercial- i literally have to turn the channel. I can watch all of the save the children commercials in the world, but show me one weepy eyed sick dog and I'm done for.
2) The Eukanuba dog show. It was actually on tonight. Good thing it only comes on once a year because in our house I well up so many times during that 3 hour period you would think that the dogs that didn't win were euthanized.
3) The Dan Jansen Olympics commercial...actually any of those motivating Olympic commercials- i think a couple of years ago it was Jesse Owen
4) The Little League World Series- I can't watch it. When you grow up in a rural part of the state when kids sports are the be all end all of many parents lives, you can't do it. I know one too many kids that got their asses beat when they were growing up because they lost a game or made a technical error in a game. Fortunately I was not one of those kids and now we have church league for everything so my sisters don't have to go through it.
I know there are more, I just can't think of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i second the sarah mclaughlin aspca commercial! i cannot watch it either!
ReplyDelete