Thursday, February 25, 2010

birthday blues

Yesterday I turned 29. It was actually one of the best birthdays I've had since I got married. For the past 5 years James has either been sick or gone on a trip or I've been studying for the bar on my birthday so yesterday I had high expectations. I was rocking Amelia thinking this time last year I never thought I would be a mom or an attorney. This year was a completely different story! Unfortunately I realized that I need to teach James how to do birthdays. He said growing up it was not a big deal, whereas I counted down days til my birthday being that it was the only gift giving occassion in my family other than Christmas. But yesterday I had no gifts, no cake...notta. We had dinner with our urban family (wednesday night is always urban family dinner night) and we came home and Amelia peed on me. At least she got me something! I can't wait until Saturday though, because even though James isn't birthday prepared we have arranged for my sil to watch Amelia so we can go to Cincinnati and go to the gambling boat! I'm looking forward to wearing something that's not blue jeans or pjs and shaving my legs. I think it will help with the Vegas itch I've been suffering for the last few weeks.

On the Amelia note, her 8 week check up and shots are on Monday. I plan on asking about reflux. Every time I lay her down after I burp her she spits up. It goes up into her nose and then she wheezes for a while. She's a smart little booger though. Everytime I lay her down she rolls onto her side. She has also found her hands and uses them as chew toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment