Thursday, February 4, 2010

I am learning....

that not every attorney in the world is on maternity leave...so I sit and wait for my phone to ring -expecting the other attorney to call me back I am realizing that he probably has other cases. Man I don't want this to go to court. Primarily because I hate losing! And since the clients are my friends, I would really hate losing. I have discovered my primary pet peeve though. I hate it when people tell other people that they've talked to an attorney and the attorney said x,y and z. case in point, the landlady in this case said that she had talked to her attorney and he had promised her that he could garnish my clients wages. When I called her to get her attorney's wages- she had not even retained one yet. uggg- this, my friends, is why i only want to practice children's law. it's so much better than dealing with adults that act as children.

On the brighter side of the news- I am now down 34 lbs! I have about 60 left to go before I'm back where I want to be (I gained a LOT of weight after I went off my bc and started studying for the bar). Amelia is growing everyday. She smiles now! I'm sure it's still gas, but I always smile back so as to encourage her. Still not sleeping in her crib, but we did sleep in the guest bed last night for about 3 hours. Score! She's also now sleeping in 3 hour stretches. Most of the time she goes to sleep for good around 11. So we get up around 2, 4:30-5 and then most of the time at her 4 am bottle she won't eat enough to cover her (or like last night, i'm in such a daze i forget to feed her- i realized it eventually before she goes back to sleep, sometimes it just takes a minute) and she'll get up about 7:30 or 8 and then sleeps til about 10.

I've had to set restrictions to keep from worrying myself to death over this case. I only work when Amelia naps. I don't want to go back to work and realize I spent my whole maternity leave researching a losing battle. Why did I take this case again?

2 comments:

  1. correction- i called her to get her atty's info...not wages

    ReplyDelete
  2. people are stupid. and i HATE adults that act like children... and go you! 34 pounds!!! wooo!!! AND good for you for setting restrictions on working! don't want to wear yourself out DURING maternity leave!

    ReplyDelete