Tonight makes the 3 night in the past two weeks that I've passed out in the chair while feeding Amelia. I'll get up at her 2 oclock feedings- we tend to get up around 2,4,6, and 8- and then she'll start to fuss so i'll get up to put her down and she won't go back to sleep and starts to root. I look down at my clock only to discover that it's 4 am. Here I am trying to put her down and she's already ready for another feeding. I literally time travel. Unfortunately for me, it's 5:30 and Amelia has decided it's play time. I don't mind though, because I know she'll go back to sleep here shortly and sleep until 10 or 11 oclock. My birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks and I think that after we get back from "the boat" I'm going to ask James to take her for the night. Even if I do have to get up once to pump, it'll be worth it!
Also, I can't wait til spring. Normally, i'm not one to wish my winters away because I hate the humid summers we have here, but I can't leave the house. On one hand, i'm thankful because I don't HAVE to leave the house, but on the other I'm going nuts staring at the walls. I told James tonight though that I bet there will be a TON of babies born this November because of the sheer volume of snow that we've had. Since we've had Amelia at least 5 of our Kentucky friends have discovered they were expecting. We know of at least 4 couples who are trying. I still think it's funny though because they all assume they are having boys. I don't get it. If one more of them says that they don't want a girl I'm going to smack them. You don't get to pick. What's the big obsession in Kentucky about having boys anyway? I can't imagine my life without Amelia and i'm really looking forward to the tea parties and the dress up and I love all of the cute little girl clothes that she wears. Oh well! It's their loss! Or at least they think it will be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i, too, am wishing my winter away. i'm sick of it!!! plus, spring means i'm closer to the end of work :-)
ReplyDeletelittle girl stuff is AWESOME! i do realize that we are choosing a boy first... but the wait is so much shorter!!! that's mainly why for us... anyway, one of my best friends just had her little girl and i think all the girl stuff is FUN!
oh- i didn't mean it like that. you don't make me feel like a failure because i had a girl...that's what most of my ky friends enjoy doing. totally different story
ReplyDeletelol... yeah, i knew you didn't mean me. i just felt funny saying that when we were choosing a boy! haha... you better watch out... that adoption bug is serious stuff ;-)
ReplyDeleteI told my in-laws I wanted to get a dress for Ryan... for fun of course. They didn't think it was funny at all. Man, get a sense of humor people!
ReplyDelete