Sunday, March 8, 2009

what a weekend!

I went home this weekend which i dread most of the time, but actually had a great time! We went down to my grandmother's farm in Butler County only to discover that there was still a LOT of damage from the ice storm that needed to be cleaned up. My step-father, mom, two sisters and I completely chopped up 4 trees that had been uprooted during the ice storm- good thing we needed fire wood for next winter and were able to get to the trees while the snakes were still under the ground! How strong of an ice storm though did it have to be to completely uproot a 40 year old pine tree though? seriously! It looked like tornado swept through. It was so funny though, because my 11 year old sister was out there with the jumbo branch clippers just snapping away. She quit about 2 hours into it but the 8 year old was with us until we quit well pass sundown. I haven't been this sore in a long time but by the end of the day, we had cleared my grandmother's entire back yard. She just looked at us and said, well that's one acre, good luck with the other 112! Sorry Mamaw- i live out of town! darn. At least I know where I get my very weird since of humor!

No comments:

Post a Comment