Sunday, June 28, 2009
dads....
I am the first to admit that i have issues with my father. He has become increasing intolerable in the last 6 months. He is a 56 year old bachelor that believes that a woman's place is in the kitchen. I am a 28 year old pregnant attorney who often strongly wishes she could take a lead pipe to his head. His father has been diagnosed with dementia and my dad is starting to show early signs. He had his gall bladder taken out in March and being that he is a severe hypochondriac worried about his pending death until I literally wanted to kill him. He is also a bit of a man whore. I know that I have a half brother that lives with his mom in Japan that I will never meet. My dad's goal in life is to literally collect a UN of women that he has slept with and being that I am the closest thing to a son he will ever have he feels the need to tell me things that no dad should ever talk to his daughter about in attempt to make himself "not feel old". Really he's just a very dirty old man. Coming out of his anesthesia he mentioned that he is seriously dating someone and though he won't fill me in on the details, he is having me make a cd for him to give this woman. He really upset me after his surgery with all his demands and I actually went off on him and told him that I wish that he would get remarried so I wouldn't have to shoulder the overwhelming responsibility of taking care of a chauvinistic, paranoid, hypochondriac for the rest of my life. People on my father's side of the family do not age well. After about 55-60 they literally set and wait for death and do nothing but bitch and whine and drive everyone around them nuts. My great-grandmother used to shoot a double of whiskey every night before she went to bed after having cared for my grandfather all day. My father is just like him and I refuse. I bear no responsibility for this man who only started to pay attention to me when I went to college and that was just to try to bum money off of me and then after I graduated law school and passed the bar tried to pawn me off as "his success". The only good thing he ever did for me is ignore my existence. Not a day goes by where I don't regret telling him about my baby so early because he is literally pestering the shit out of me. Say a prayer. i would love to see my father remarry within the next year because (i'm not trying to be mean) but i would love to go back to a world where he doesn't remember that I exist. Keep your fingers crossed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ugh. that's too much for you to have to deal with! i'll be hoping he finds a permanent lady soon! although, should i feel bad about wishing that on some poor, unsuspecting woman??!! ha.
ReplyDelete