Wednesday, June 17, 2009

i'd hate to have to "beat a ho", but

we had our nt ultrasound this morning and the baby wasn't laying right, so the tech kept using the doppler to band on my belly to get the baby to roll over. Then when it finally gave in and turned over she DUG into my belly with her wand. It hurt!!! I thought my dh was going to beat her. I really did. And James is not an aggressive guy. Then she did the measurements and started asking about the spinal history of our family- dh had a cousin with spina bifida, etc and then she said that she had to "go get the dr"...my heart sank. We've always agreed that no matter what was wrong with the baby, we would raise it OBVIOUSLY- we're not going to struggle for a year and a half with infertility and get rid of a baby because it has a few health issues. Nevertheless I was wigging. The dr I recognized as a dr we have credentialed in my hospital as a high risk dr and we had to wait like half an hour before she came up from L & D. She explained the nt test to me and what it meant and then told me that the whole purpose for coming up to our exam room was to type in the measurement the tech took and to move my due date up a week. AHHH! the baby's nt measured at 1.6 mm and i think it has to be over 3.3 before they get concerned. Our new due date is now 12/24 which is great because it means I am not going ANYWHERE for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Boy they had me going! Dh just kept saying that the hospital needs a pacing room for fathers. lol. i think he was as worked up as I was. What an experience! At least I got to hear the heartbeat loud and clear- 158 today. And of course we got to see it! waving, flicking the tech off for beating it, etc. nice to know the baby has my sense of impatience and is also NOT a morning person.

2 comments:

  1. that nurse should figure out a better way to "go get the doc" that doesn't freak the heck outta the moms and dads!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would drink a cup of coffee before the sono's. Just so I could see him dancing around.
    Nice to know it's your baby in there ;-)

    ReplyDelete