Monday, January 19, 2009
I explained it to my mother, as I will to you...
I don't think you should have to name your baby when it's born. I think a person's name is something that should attain in their search for self-discovery. Gwyneth Paltrow named her daughter Apple, but as to what definition she wishes to project on the child still baffles me. Is she named after the beautiful fair weather fruit with the impenetrable skin or does she wish that her daughter grow up to possess the symbol of the first temptation of man? Who knows. For 27 years I have been "Dana", but if there is anything I have learned in my search to find myself it's that my parents chose the wrong name for their child. They should have named me "Almost". I've always said this jokingly, but the lessons of the last few years of my life have proven that I may be right. I think that eventually you will agree.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment