Thursday, January 29, 2009

STOP! step away from the baby clothes!

okay- dh and i tried for a year before we got preggo with m/c and in that time everytime i would get down i would let myself wander into the baby section of the store and by something for my future baby. Well, we were at Meijer tonight and i was SUPPOSED to be shopping for my friend whose baby shower was last week and i came across the sweetest little duck outfit that i wanted so bad, but i couldn't bring myself to buy it. I mean, it was $5, but I have 2 drawers full of baby stuff and still no baby to wear it. everyone tells me that I'm jinxing myself but i always figure that I can find someone to give it to if I never get to have one. This time I put it down and was able to say it's not really the outfit that I want but what goes in it and i realized that even if dh and i got pregnant in March, it would still be 11 months at the EARLIEST that anything I have could wear it. so more then likely i have another year/ year and a half! can you believe that??? i have been living my life in anticipation of the birth of my child since i brought it up to dh new year's eve 2005- that's 3 years. he made me wait until 2007 to try and now i'm looking at it being 2 years from that point before i have a baby- if then? and the only thing i can wonder is- where in the hell have the last 3 years gone? i mean, it hasn't all been about baby, but the last year has been. I really am waiting for godot here. Could I really just forget about it and move on at this point though? I'm really just in too deep to quit. grrrr. i loathe dh sometimes for making me wait, but then again if i would have known it was going to take so long, i wouldn't have bothered bringing it up that early in the first place. i'm really getting impatient at this point!

1 comment:

  1. i haven't bought anything other than pg books, but it's been VERY hard not to. i totally feel ya. i also never thought it would take us this long. we'll have babies, dana! i've hardly ever had to really wait for anything in my life, so this will be so special for us when it happens!

    ReplyDelete