Sunday, February 22, 2009
Giving it right back to them...
So as I've previously stated, my #1 coping mechanism with dealing with my miscarriage was to joke about it. The only problem is that dh and I are hopefully going to get to start again soon (if af would ever show) and my friends still cut the jokes. I have learned that the number one way to deal with these situations is to give it right back to them. For instance, my husband's best friend's wife (let's call them x and y) has an extremely jealous personality. she was a you know what about us getting pregnant and this past weekend one of our friends announced that he was going to ask his girlfriend to marry him and she got PISSED. She's always saying how she doesn't think that the girlfriend will make him happy and yadayada. This from the same girl that cheated on her husband 4 weeks after she got married. Anyway so I told our friend that x and y have trouble dealing with major life changes. She desparately wants a baby, he's too scared that whole non-sense dance that people go through about a year before they start trying. And x got mad. Y had promised that she would buy me this children's book that I really wanted but said that she wouldn't get it for me until I actually had my baby (it was the first time I had ever had a 3rd party address the fact that I could miscarry and I was devastated). And I was explaining this to friend to which X replies "yeah, and i'm making 7% interest on that money I would've spent right now" (obviously- since I lost the baby they didn't have to buy me a book). At this point I get upset because they've never been pregnant, had to try to get pregnant, lose a baby or anything they just poke fun at the things that they themselves are afraid of. So, I just looked at him and said, "well, at least I know my husband is not shooting blanks." muh-hahaha. which in all honesty. i don't know that for sure because there are many causes to miscarriage but more IMPORTANTLY they don't know that because to them having babies is a tab A, slot B situation. X didn't say another thing about our baby or our friend's engagement for the rest of the night. Because apparently, when you find the spot on them that they have hit in you, they discover that they really shouldn't dish it out if they can't take it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
woohoo! LOVE it! i'm so glad you found the perfect thing to say in the heat of the moment. how incredibly RUDE and flat out MEAN of them to continue to joke about your m/c. at no time should anyone else joke about your m/c. especially when they've never gone through anything like that themselves. you go girl!
ReplyDelete