I think that i have spent a majority of the weekend waiting on people in restaurants. Last night, dh and i went out to dinner since he's leaving town and will miss my birthday next week. We had literally just sat down when his phone rings. It's our friend whose wife is due next month and apparently dh had promised him that he would give him a ride to pick up his car (his wife was in the hospital with bp issues). I totally didn't mind because well, she's in the frigging hospital. Dh said, he'd be back in half an hour tops and I decided that since the kitchen was so backed up I would order and his food would be there and hot when he got back. MISTAKE 1... Dh didn't get back for TWO HOURS and the sad thing is that it wasn't his fault. His buddy picked rush hour first of all, to drive all the way out to his house and take his wife's car back. Shouldn't have taken them more then 45 minutes in heavy traffic except that they hit 2 wrecks. So I sat in the Mexican resturant for two hours. After the first hour, i called and asked him if he wanted me to put our order in and he said, sure no problem he'd be back in half an hour. an hour later... and the dumbest thing is that I had forgotten my cell so he had no way to reach me to tell me where he was or that I should just walk home. It was literally the longest night of my life. At an hour and a half, I decided to play, "hey let's run up my husband's bar tab while he's gone" and only made it to beer 3 before he got there. Darn. And the sad thing is that the waiter asked me like 6 times if i was sure he was coming back...like he stood me up or walked out on me. AND I was surrounded by families and after beer 3 I had just about had it. I think that's when I realized that we're just never going to get there. Our lives are such a mess right now, no wonder God's like "haha, just kidding." I mean, would you give a baby to Tipsy McStagger and the man voted "most likely to leave his unattended child in a hot car" (dh commonly forgets most appts- low blow, i know)? lol
On the lighter side of the note, my bar exam will be over again Thursday. I have low hopes this time, but I think that's the common scheme of my life right now. Hormones re-regulating, perchance?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ugh! what a night! so much for a nice dinner w/DH, huh? geez... i know, it's so hard to ever imagine ourselves w/a family. i do the same thing. i think we will get ours though. it's gotta be coming soon.
ReplyDelete