Wednesday, May 20, 2009

are there NO other girls names left???

but Emma...everywhere I go, it's all I hear!!!!! it's like Madison was 5 years ago. It really gets on my nerves. lol. come on people!!! watch something other then Friends (you can set the timer on your watch to mark the rise in popularity of the name with the birth of Emma on friends as you can with the increasing use of Aiden after the introduction of the carpenter on Sex in the City)! On the flip side of that dh's buddy and his wife named their daughter Sequoia Fay... who does that? I'm sure that there will be a lot of people that don't like the names that we pick out for our children (i'm not a big fan of dh's boy's name that he HAS to have) but wow. lol. I think the Fay bothers me more than Sequoia. Fay is one of those middle names that parent's give their children when they just give up- like mine (Michelle). I grew up asking my parents why they chose the name for me that they did...they wanted the boys in high school to point out that my name was A nad spelled backwards... My father finally fessed up. He named me after a cheerleader he had a crush on in high school. Really?

I'll be the first to admit that unless we have a boy, we are at a loss for girls names. We go through the baby book girl section every night, but nothing that I have found has really wowed me. I have yet to come across a girl's name that I have said- I HAVE to name my daughter this and it bothers me. The last time I was pregnant I was convinced that I was having a girl and I really REALLY wanted to name her Vivian. Dh put a big huge veto on it. His idea of a great girl's name right now is Janus (like the two headed Greek God that had eyes in the back of his head and could thus never be surprised). I don't know what we will come up with but I am so glad that we still have 7 1/2 months to figure it out. I would place money on us not having a girl's name agreed upon when we walk into the hospital. All suggestions will be considered...seriously...except for Emma and Sequoia...those are unfortunately taken.

1 comment:

  1. we have ours picked out if i ever get pg... jack emerson & claire evangeline... i really liked the name lily until it became so popular. i also like kellan but DH doesn't. i knew the cutest little girl i babysat a couple times named that. i think girl names are a heck of a lot harder than boy names! GL in that :P

    ReplyDelete