Tuesday, August 11, 2009

updates...

I'm getting bad at this blogging thing. primarily because i keep in touch with the 3 people that read it on almost a daily basis. we found out last thursday that we are having a girl. I KNEW IT!!!! my dh just kept staring at the photos going "my little girl...i need a shotgun". and then he went out and bought her a little UK cheerleader outfit. he's so cute about the whole thing. we decided to say screw it to those who would say "i wish it were a boy" and told everyone. I think my mom was a little disappointed, but i told everyone straight out of the gate that it was a girl so i don't know why they were surprised. lol. from now on they will trust my instincts. with my old due date rapidly approaching i feel very little mourning over my previous lost. what was an unclimable mountain in january has now become a distant memory and a bump in the journey to the start of my family. i'm actually proud of myself. i remember just laying there praying that i would be "very pregnant" by the time my original due date came along and here i sit with 19 weeks left to go and know that someone was listening. So my beautiful baby may not be want her grandma wanted or what our friends thought we were getting but she's just what we needed and we both feel insanely blessed at this point!

2 comments:

  1. They'll just get over it! As soon as they see her precious little face, they'll be in love! It's like the Carrie Underwood song "All American Girl" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you always knew it is a girl. And I am so freaking excited for you. Girls are so much fun to buy for!!! Everyone I know is having boys these days, so I was especially excited when I got your text.

    ReplyDelete