I won't lie. I have been so very lucky to be asymptomatic through this pregnancy. I mean, i've been sick 3 times...darn. That being said I still have to remind myself I'm actually pregnant unless one of the following things is occurring:
#1- i eat...which usually leaves me in a state of food coma
#2- i sneeze... apparently around that 19-20 week mark pregnancy comes with a surprise...when you sneeze you pee a little...it's hilarious. I have always wondered my my pregnant friends wore pantyliners (i know some of them do it their last month in case their water breaks- it only adds a split second of time but sometimes that's enough) I thought it was for the leukoherra...nope it's for the pee. Being that Amelia is rapidly approaching a pound i'm assuming the sneeze and pee reaction will occur more frequently
#3- i sit...my butt goes numb...as do my legs...and my other unmentionable body parts...okay- i will admit when your unmentionable goes numb you kinda have to laugh...i just sit here and wonder- what in the HELL is she sitting on?
#4- i sleep- and apparently what is comfortable for me is NOT comfortable for her and she presses on what every nerve she can find to get me to roll over...cut to last night when i was flipping sides and elbowed dh in the head...he said ouch... i told him that the baby made me do it.
#5- i get kicked...i'm actually having trouble in the kicking department. i have an anterior placenta and it softens the blow from all those precious little kicks my dh should be able to feel by now...i can feel her kicking and moving on the inside but not on the outside. Amelia prefers to lay low in my abdomen though and so every now and then she will kick the inside of my cervix...not a contraction but boom haha gotcha...
so she's there and she apparently is learning to make her presence known
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ha... the baby made me do it! i'm sure he appreciated that!
ReplyDelete