Thursday, October 15, 2009

what a year....

as any bz member knows, today is infant and pregnancy loss remembrance day. earlier at work when i realized this, i started to think about all of my friends and what an absolutely horrible year it has been. It takes both hands for me to count the number of babies that I personally knew who should either be here by now or well on their way that we have lost since last October, including my own. This doesn't count the scores of women I have seen on my ddcs who have had to leave at various times because of their own losses. And I just want to say thank you to my friends who have stuck by me this past year. I hope that I have and will continue to provide the support that you need as well, but i'm pretty sure that if it wasn't for my on-line friends there would have been no silver lining in the shit storm that swept dh and I away when we lost our baby on January 17th. It's funny to think that the people who have given me the most love since we started trying to have a baby two years ago are people that I have never met. yes, i have lost a lot of friends that i have had from bz-those who gave up in their quest to have a baby or on me, but it seems like i have a core group of people that I can point to and say that if the crap ever hits the fan they'll be there. If nothing positive came out of my loss, at least I know that I have that support system and that I'm no longer alone.

1 comment:

  1. amen, and amen! i don't know what i would have done w/o you ladies! you are a great friend to me and i thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete