I went to the OB on thursday and had to see a new doctor as mine was out of town. I actually really LOVED the nurse. My normal ob's nurse I knew prior to selecting that ob and has always been a hateful hag, and because she doesn't like me either my blood pressure is always through the roof. Well, I had nice new nurse yesterday whose more of my mom's age and she took my blood pressure- 110/60. I guess now they know that they don't have to watch me as close for preclampsia like they were...now they know that their nurse is just a bitch. lol. ANYWAY...i got on the scale and had gained 4 lbs in two weeks. I was a little disappointed until the new doctor came in and measured me...at 34 weeks. So once again Amelia is growing 2 weeks ahead of schedule. The nurse said that given my huge growth (the 9 lb visit) and this one where even the baby was measuring big that I might get another ultrasound out of it! YAY! That wouldn't disappoint me at ALL. After talking ad nauseum to my mother about her pregnancies, i'm learning that though she didn't have the horrible stretch marks that I have and I didn't have the crappy morning sickness like she did, i'm pretty much mirroring her pregnancies. She said her dr always measured her ahead, inasmuch as she scheduled mom to have a csection for caroline because she was expecting caroline to be a 10 lb baby. Mom went into labor with her the day prior to her scheduled csection and caroline didn't even hit 8 lbs. Mom said that she has always carried and excessive amount of amniotic fluid and given the amount of water I drink, I wouldn't be surprised if that's why I am also measuring ahead of schedule.
Mom has said that if Amelia does come the teenth week of December that she'll have to be home for Christmas Eve so she can get Santa ready for Rebecca and help Mamaw out with Christmas dinner. James has always wanted to have Christmas morning alone, so the concept of him waking up to just his wife and his baby girl on Christmas is controlling him. His last final is on 12/16...it gets out at 10 am. He told me that at 10:03 he wants me to start binge eating black walnuts (similar to the active ingredient in picotin) and jalapenos to see if we can't get her out a little early.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
well, i'm glad you found that out from your mom... that may explain things! another US would be just fine!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with trying to start labor. I tried and tried and just frustrated myself in the end. I guess this means we are no longer shooting for having her on my birthday, OR naming her after me? Seriously, I thought your little girl was all about me, when did this change?
ReplyDeletehey- we're still fond of Miranda! james is the one that's still insisting on Glenda...talk to him. she can come on your birthday if she wants- i'm outlawing her from coming between the 19th-26th because i don't want mom here on christmas
ReplyDelete