Tuesday, November 3, 2009

the cancelled shower

One of our friends that was going to host one of our showers mom was sick and had to cancel. She had moved the date once because she wanted to have a yard sale that day instead and then had to cancel the rescheduled one to go see her mom. We had no problem with this. Her mom was in the hospital for crying out loud. Well since then she's been trying to get me to set a new date for our shower and there just isn't enough weekends left to do it. I feel really bad because I know she feels bad for having to cancel, but it wasn't her fault. Tonight I finally just told her that we didn't have the time. Our dr has cancelled all of our holiday plans and advised us to stay close to the house after thanksgiving since we don't really know when Amelia is coming. She mentioned having a welcome to the world party after she gets here but she wants to do it on January 2nd or 9th...yes- because I'm going to put my 2 week old in a car and drive it 45 minutes in the snow during flu season... I may not be mom of the year material, but ummm no. hopefully she'll understand. It's just that everyone that was going to go to the shower for the most part have already made arrangements to come see us prior to the big push anyway. Plus, i'm not going to lie- i'm tired of running. I'm ready to stay at home and finish nesting. Mom is coming back up the weekend of the 14th to drop off our swing and our bouncer and then I'm done people. lol. i plan on sleeping through those last 4 weeks, because between the time change and the constant running- this poor baby is wearing me out. I'm loving every minute of it...but i cherish all the sleep i get at this point!

1 comment:

  1. i totally agree w/saying thanks but no thanks at this point... then going to sleep!

    ReplyDelete