Monday, November 9, 2009
birthing class...
I'm waiting on my laundry to finish and didn't want to do one long post. We had our birthing class on Saturday...after 6 hours of watching other women give birth naturally I am pretty sure at this point I'm getting the drugs. They only did about an hour of counterpoint pressure relief and very few breathing techniques but i feel like I learned a little...i have the boards, so most of the stuff I've already heard of...eye opening experience for James though. He's going to be a great coach I know it that being said he was talking to Amelia last night and tears just started streaming down his face and he went into a 3rd degree mental meltdown about all of the stuff that could go wrong with our delivery. When push comes to shove, he's not over our loss and is scared to death that somethings going to happen during delivery. I just told him to have faith and that God has our back on this. That the best we could do was to stick together and not panic and be prepared...i mean, what am I supposed to tell him, that its not going to hurt? lol. I think that's when it dawned on me that my pregnancy is almost over. I relaxed for a while today at work and just sat there with my hands on my stomach, feeling Amelia play around and thinking about how much I'm going to miss her being in there. And as excited as I am about what comes next, I know at least that a lot of these little private moments are going to be gone soon and I'm starting to realize not only does she have to come out but that soon I'm going to have to let other people hold her, that she's going to be out and exposed to the world. That involves a lot of trust and faith. I just hope that I can sit back and let James be the dad he's going to be. My goal is to not monopolize my baby and let other people try. It's a very very big step for me and my ocd!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i think this is such a sweet post! ***tear***
ReplyDelete