Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving Ladies! I’m sitting here at work. We are extremely slow this week after our horrendous week last week and the only thing I can do is sit here and count the number of hours I have left until I can go home. The holidays have always served as a milestone marker for me though…a chance to reminisce about “where I was this time last year” and yada yada yada. And I start to think about my year and the year that all of my friends have had and think MAN I really hope 2010 is not as dramatic as 2009 was. I remember being in the car with dh on Christmas night 2008. We had just left his aunt’s and was going to his parents’ house and we were talking about the fact that we were going to start trying to conceive. I had been off my pill since October and we were excited because, well, let’s face it, in the beginning you have no idea what lies ahead. I remember dh looking at me and saying “this just feels right…this feels like the Christmas when we should start trying”. We both new there was this certain electricity in the air. Last Christmas we were able to go to our parents houses and tell them about our baby…though we were both ecstatic I knew something was wrong and there was just this underlying current that some how it wasn’t right. Cut to the 2009 drama. Coming into this holiday season though, there’s that same 2008 Christmas electricity. Halloween was exciting not because we did anything crazy but because I knew it was the last year that we had where we wouldn’t have someone toddling around in a costume…the same goes for thanksgiving. When I set the table tomorrow, the thing I will be thinking of is that this time next year I will (god willing) be preparing a high chair as well. And I just feel so, so very blessed. It’s been such a trying year…not just for James and me but for a lot of you and a lot of us have made some very important life changing decisions and I just can’t help but to look at the year we have all had and think about everything that God has done for us over the last year and think about all of the miracles He could work by this time next year. I mean, literally ALL of us could be sitting high chairs (or breastfeeding recycled turkey or be as round as one) by this time next year and I feel a restored since of hope. Just know that you all have been wonderful to me and that this year when I’m at Thanksgiving and thinking about everything that I’m thankful for that you all will be at the top of my list and that I am continuously praying for your own little miracles to come quickly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
what a sweet post!
ReplyDelete