Expectant fathers are almost as bad as we are. I've told James 1000 times that the weekend after thanksgiving i'm going to freeze a few meals, wash Amelia's newborn clothes and her blankets...cut to our conversation last night while he was tucking me in (okay so sometimes it's hard to cover yourself up when your 8.5 months pregnant and wrapped up in your snoogle).
James: "these sheets are still warm from the dryer...they smell really good"
Dana: "I had to use the baby's detergent because we're out"
James: "Does this mean I should start washing her blankets?"
Dana: "No. Not til after Thanksgiving"
James: "Do we even have blankets?"
Dana: "Yes."
James: "But I can't start washing them?"
Dana: "No"
James: "What about her clothes?"
Dana: "I want to wait til after Thanksgiving."
James: "Well then can I at least pack MY bag for the hospital?"
----- i guess you had to be there....
YES fine sweetheart pack whatever you want! lmao. Is some dad freaking out because he has less than 6 weeks? Is some dad worried because his baby's measuring a week and a half a head of schedule? Did some dad's WIFE tell him that this part of the pregnancy was inevitable and encourage him to do some of the other things he's worried about (like his 3 20 pg papers) early in the semester? I think so... HA! I'm glad I am thus far able to keep it together because if not, he'd definitely lose it. I'm going to start taking bets on whether or not he passes out in delivery. any takers?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've got 5 on it ;-). Oh wait, that's a rap song. Block Amelia's ears quick.
ReplyDeletei love it! it's cute to see them excited/anxious like that :-)
ReplyDelete