Monday, November 9, 2009

dh is sick!

After a pretty eventful weekend- birthing class and a baby shower, James collapsed last night in our bed and hasn't left the house since. I've been trying to get him to go to the dr. My fear is of course, h1n1, but i think it's just normal flu- i've had that shot. our friends apparently brought it with them from michigan. they blame james for giving it to the wife, but she and her hellion of a three year old were coughing and hacking when they got here...but at least not feeling well could be an excuse for their 3 year old (other then the fact that he's 3 and his parents "don't believe in naps")...i shit you not. Normally when the P's bring Mr. O to visit, he's a little hyper- most of the time i blame it on his age despite the fact that the kids I used to nanny for never did any of the following: 1) use my dehumidifier as a shape sorter, 2) take an apple off the counter, sit down and bite it, decide they don't like it and spit the peel onto the floor, 3) tell their father that they hate them, 4) attempt to slam the door on another mildly behaved 3 year old, 4) eat cupcakes for breakfast...and finally 5) take Aunt Dana's fruit arrangement sticks and use them to poke your mother in the face and then proceed to pee all over the guest room floor when your parents spank you for being "an asshole" (in the words of the parents). Needless to say it was a very long weekend and James and I both learned some very valuable lessons. such as- keep all sharp objects higher than 4 ft...anything can be used as a sharp object...naps are vitally important if not for the child then for the parent...always take toys for your child to play with when you travel...and how about- don't call your kid an asshole. So much like I do with all of you, I listen, watch and take mental notes in hopes that I will have it just a hair easier then my friends.

1 comment:

  1. oh my word! i would have to be out of town everytime they want to visit b/c i could not keep my mouth shut at their "parenting" skills...

    ReplyDelete