so this morning i got up and got ready and got dh up and got him ready and we drove all the way out to the ob's office only to discover that our appointment is tomorrow! what's worse is that i handed the nurse my appt card that said July 21, 2009 on it and said, but see i have an appt with my doctor...she just looked at me and said- this is tomorrow. i felt so stupid. after my brother in laws wedding this weekend i'm not surprised.
After this wedding I told my brother in law that he had used up all of his Dana favors for about 5-7 years…I wasn’t joking. It is a Vietnamese custom that the grooms family goes to the brides family’s house to pick the bride up for the wedding. His fiancĂ©e called him yesterday morning= the day of the wedding- at 7 am to tell him that his Scion was not good enough for him to pick her up in and that he needed to call and rent a luxury car to pick her up in… what kind of luxury car can you get at 7:30 on a Sunday? He called and said they had one we got to the place and it was a white Hyundai SUV…that was the luxury car he picked her up in. I just rolled. That AND- you’ll love this one- she made my sister in law and I make two matching wreaths to cover up the signs on the building where the wedding was but wreaths have a huge whole in the middle of them of course and she didn’t like them and told us to put white cloth over the back of them…my question is- where do you get white cloth at 1 in the morning on a Sunday…that’s right- james came up with a solution- he went and got a pair of his white boxers that he never wears and cut them up for us to hot glue on the back of her precious wreaths. So the whole wedding Catherine and james and I are setting there staring at the wreaths knowing that the whole wedding was being “held together” by my husband's underwear. Lmao! I’m just soooo glad it’s over. i told my brother in law that I wasn’t coming to his third wedding so this one better last!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
how embarrassing about the doc appt!!! and just a pain :-\
ReplyDeletei LOVE the boxers story!!!! way to go james!!!