I put on a pair of shorts last night that I wore on my trip to Michigan (the last weekend of june) and I couldn't button them- couldn't have thought about buttoning them if I tried. It was so funny. Being that I am down to one pair of jeans, a pair of work slacks and one none elastic band pair of shorts I broke down and bought maternity clothes. I already had some that my friend gave me, but I was bottoms shy. Fortunately JC Penny is having a ginormous clearance sale right now so I got 2 pairs of slacks and a skirt that I will probably never wear for $30.00. Score!
Dh and I then realized that the only thing that we really need for this baby that isn't being purchased for us by a grandparent to be or given to us by a friend is a stroller, so we took a quick stroller tour through toys r us- (so NOT willing to drive across town to babies r us yet) and to me all of the strollers in our price list looked extremely flimsy. Even the Cadalliac baby strollers with the detachable car seats- everything is plastic- i need like tires and shock absorbers and 15 straps to keep my kid in place but those strollers are ghastly- could buy diapers for 5 months- expensive. So I dunno. I had this double stroller when I was nannying that the wheel kept coming off of and I can't remember the name of it. Watching dh try to collapse and reassemble the strollers was so funny though- i'm sure the security cameras got a HUGE kick out of watching him. First he didn't take the car seat out of it and then he wondered why it wouldn't collapse. it seriously took him about 15 minutes to figure this out.
On the lighter side of the news- bean is definitely moving around now...Up until this point it's been a "was that the baby" kind of flutters...well...today I snuck a Mr. Pibb (don't tell dh he'll have a fit) just a small one and like an hour later I am pretty sure that lo was doing the calypso in my belly. So yeah! I hit 16 weeks on thursday- 4 months down- 5 to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yay! you're feeling the baby! that's so exciting!!!!
ReplyDelete