Wednesday, July 29, 2009

learning to connect

As I have said MANY times prior to today, I've had some trouble coming to terms that I am actually pregnant and get to have a baby. I read all of the birthing stories from my first ddc and think "gee- i can't wait to have a baby" and it literally takes me a couple of minutes to think- oh yeah- i do- in 21 weeks. I decided the best way to circumvent this is to actually start the process of getting ready for the baby. First stop- our bedroom, which my loving husband absolutely DESTROYED yesterday while looking for his ghostbuster costume (don't ask). So we - DH included- took 45 minutes out of our evening and started cleaning up the mess he made in our room. I was so impressed. He didn't whine. He didn't try to find a way around it. He actually did it. for two reasons- 1) i took pictures of my destroyed bedroom and showed it to his buddy and 2) i haven't gained a lot of weight yet, but the way he strew stuff about only Tarzan could get to our closet and I told him that he needed to clean or buy me and the baby some jungle vines. tada! to make matters worse- he's so afraid of me losing this baby that he won't let me do laundry, which means that I haven't seen a pair of my underwear or maternity pants in about 3 days. so muhahaha i wore a pair of his boxers to work today. when i got home he did 3 loads of my clothes. I will have him trained before baby arrives!

1 comment:

  1. HA! i love that you wore his boxers to work! ROFL!!!

    ReplyDelete