Saturday, September 19, 2009
cabin fever
James is on-call this week. Thus we haven't left the dorm since our infant cpr class on thursday night and I am going nuts. First of all- infant cpr was a lot of fun. I think it really helped dh because he was finally learning something productive about parenthood. He's still in panic mode, which means everytime I breathe a little heavy or hiccup he's at me "are you okay?" yes i'm fine sit down. They had these little gray alien dolls though with inflatable lungs and they went over all of the maneuvers for infant cpr. My theory is with all of the crap dh leaves lying around the house- we're gonna need it. probably more than once. He collects coke points- that's all i'm gonna say. Last night wasn't hard being at home-very relaxing, but by about 11 o'clock this morning I was pacing. First i went out and got breakfast for us. Then were were stranded for the rest of the day because of the big game on campus soooo I started cleaning. We are almost done converting our useless alcove into our blockbuster/mini-man cave, but inspite of my diligent 3 hours sock matching expedition, the laundry is once again slowly taking over the guest room. It makes me so mad. I clean a room and then dh is like- "Hey look= available space! Let's throw a bunch of junk in there!" Today I tackled our bedroom. My goal is to completely flip the furniture around, but with James being home and him being skittish every time I lift something that weighs more than 3 lbs- i didn't get much rearranging done. I did get him to move our extra dresser into the walk-in so that's out of the way- but MAN we have a lot of work to do. I feel like we should be on project renovation or something. I need to put him on that "horder" show. I'll find atm receipts from before we were married, but since they have the last four digits of his account number on them he won't throw them away so i've convinced him to collect them all and put them in the wood stove this winter. i only have 14 weeks and this is becoming a very slow process- but at least I have something to keep me busy til then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment