Thursday, September 10, 2009

worse nightmare come true and a huge blessing...

all in one day. Last night we got a phone call from one of my guy friend's at work (who NEVER calls) who said that his wife had just had their baby. She was due 3 days before me. She was born around 10 and by 5 she was gone. The only thing that I know right now is that she was fine when she left work yesterday- chatting about her glucose test on the 30th and Will said that they took her to the ER and the dr decided to take the baby. She was only 25 weeks and 2 days....What Dr. opts to take a baby at 25 w 2 days???? I've ran through every scenario in my head and the only thing that I can think was that they were getting ready to lose either her or the baby. I feel so very very very bad for them. It's not fair. They just found out what they were having LAST WEEK! They had wanted a boy, but we're coping with the fact that they were having another girl. Everything was going according to plan and then BAM! So I don't know. I cried all morning at work...until the other shoe fell. An email from my cousin who has been fostering this little boy for almost 2 years. She got a visit from her social worker yesterday. The TPR paperwork has been filed and her little boy will be officially hers by Christmas. What rejoicing! How absolutely wonderful! What a very strange day this has been!

1 comment:

  1. oh man! i will be praying for your friend and his wife. what a horrible thing. i can't imagine. like you said, it must have come down to her or the baby. so sad :(

    and YAY for your cousin! i'm sure that's a relief! even more of a relief once it's finalized! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete