Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Worse porn ever! worse porn ever!

If you're not a fan of FRIENDS you don't get the joke and probably will not find this post as funny as I do...so tonight I was cleaning and was trolling through the stack of books we got at a library cleaning. I had impulsively picked up one called "the complete book of pregnancy and childbirth" and it was FILLED with very graphic pages of women giving birth. the copyright date on this book was 1986- i was 5 when this came out. So not just women- 1980s "all inclusive" full tilt boogy 80s women. The book was probably the most informative book I've picked up about childbirth thus far- between the descriptions and the pictures I didn't know if i should laugh, cry or vomit profusely...which according to the book I will probably do at one point or another during labor. There's apart of me that sitting here thinking- man if i get an epidural i'm going to miss ALL of this stuff that the book describes...while the rest of me is sitting here thinking man if i don't get an epidural I'm going to have to experience all of this stuff that the book describes!

2 comments:

  1. yeah, you can keep all that... THAT i will not miss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this time around...sure...i have a sneaking suspiscion it will catch you one day when you're not looking. call it a hunch. hopefully not until after your eldest arrives though- no need to lose all that money to prove me right.

    ReplyDelete