Thursday, January 21, 2010

long nights, short days

I am not the best at troubleshooting but i think i've decided that Amelia doesn't have colic, she has her days and nights mixed up. I've been bouncing back between the two options for a week, but after last night's rendezvous with the rocker, I think my current conclusion is correct. First she slept from 9-12 ate and then was up til 2:30. She then slept until 4:45 and was up til 6. Then up again at 8 and since i was tired of sleeping in the recliner i kicked James out of the bed and Amelia and I co-slept for the first time. #1)this isn't a habit I want to start and #2) I first tried to sleep with her in the guest bed and she didn't like it...i don't know what the difference is to a 3 week old but i think it's funny that there is a difference to her. When the nights get long or she gets really fussy I keep myself motivated by listing what I love about her and thinking about the work it took to get her here and it makes it a lot easier. On the sadder news, i broke my camera, so until i get a new one or bum my friends I can't put up any pictures. This is sad because I have footage of my favorite amelia moment- Amelia snores!!!! It's SO cute. Just little baby snores but still!!!

4 comments:

  1. i bet you're right! i bet she is just all mixed up! i want to hear the snoring!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found that there are rooms Ryan prefers. I think it has a lot to do with how much time he spends in that room while awake. Just a theory. I will have Ryan inform Amelia she needs to straighten out her days and nights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. please do...i was so excited though- i put her in her crib after her 4:30 bottle and she slept there for 2 hours!!! i got to sleep! IN A BED!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. but yes, please have ryan explain to amelia the concept of day vs night...i'm afraid if she keeps this up she's going to become a nocturnal morlock like her father (who for some reason has discovered the joys of going to bed at midnight)...

    ReplyDelete