Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Week 2

Things are looking better here on Walton's Mountain. My milk supply is keeping up despite the warnings from friends on the board that it wasn't as good as nursing and I am having some luck getting Amelia to latch when she's stressed. I'm not complaining. I've started actively hunting for jobs after last week's impromptu phone interview that I botched (they woke me up after being up half the night). Other then that things are getting easier. Amelia is still sleeping about 20 hours a day which frees up a lot of time. James is petering out on me with the staying up with the baby bit after she turned his last endeavor to "take care of her while I slept" into a blindfolded trip down the Ho Chi Minh but aside from that, it's not bad...actually it's almost a little boring. I don't have a lot of physical recovery to do so i've been doing a lot of housework. And I've lost 27 lbs in 2 weeks. thank you amelia. I feel a little out of touch with my irl friends but i figured that would happen as i'm not overly close them. In the last week, I've successfully applied for 5 jobs and wonder why cover letters are necessary. I mean, it's obvious I want the job. I know no one reads cover letters. So, why are they so hard to write? I've also watched all of season 3 of big love and half of the john adams' hbo miniseries. I'm going through what I refer to as "new mom guilt"....literally all i want to do is hold and rock my baby but my mom's voice in my head tells me to put her down and let her be. So i feel guilty for holding her and put her in her bouncy seat or on her play mat and then i feel bad for laying her down. lmao. i'm sure I'll adjust. I guess maternity leave is really just a way to wean yourself away from being pregnant and having 24-7 baby access

2 comments:

  1. Love Big Love!

    And hold her all you want!!! It'll give you something to remember when she's 17 and doesn't want to snuggle anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hold her! and don't feel bad about it! i'm sure that doesn't last long enough :-)

    ReplyDelete