Friday, December 18, 2009

come out come out wherever you are...

I have been so excited this week...i've had some cramping and was hoping for some good news at the dr today...i wasn't dumb enough to think i had actually dilated, just that things were closer and I was right- I am 75% effaced! woo hoo. but not even a finger tip dilated. oh well. i read on-line somewhere though that being effaced was more important than being dilated because you can walk around dilated at most cm for weeks but effacement is something your body has to do to deliver. I promised Amelia $50 if she came in time for me to not have to work on Monday. My dr told me to plant a seed in Amelia's brain that she needs to be born on Tuesday. My dr is on call tuesday and we both agreed that neither of us wanted to be in l and d on christmas. lol. So in order to be out of the hospital on christmas eve, tuesday is amelia's last possible day to come out...after that i told her that she might as well hold out. The dr said that if she wasn't here by the 28th that she would arrange for me to be induced. She gave me the option of the 28th or the 31st but i was afraid that if the induction didn't go well, i'd miss my tax deduction. lol. Plus, Miranda's birthday is on the 28th so I thought, why not. The dr said that they bring you into the hospital the night before and start your drugs in hopes of having an afternoon delivery on the next day. SO I guess, we'll see. If induction is my latest scenario then I only have to wait 10 more days! James is so excited he can't sleep. We were talking about it in the car and he just said awww and stuck out his bottom lip...and he just said that the baby would be here soon. duh. lol. it was sweet. we have our suitcase packed and our last minute list made. Now all i have to do tomorrow is a little bit of cleaning and some last minute wrapping and then sit and tap my foot for a week and a half. i would ABSOLUTELY love it if she came this weekend but I have a sneaking suspicion that alarm clock is going to go off a little too soon on Monday for her to stop me from going to work!

2 comments:

  1. getting SOOOO close!!! praying you won't have to be in L&D for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that she will want to meet Santa ;-).

    ReplyDelete