Monday, December 21, 2009
a little tenacity...
I think all three people who read my blog are aware of my job hunting woes. There's a specific unnamed department in the Kentucky government that I have diligently been trying to get on with for about 3 years now. Up until I passed the bar I knew it was a long shot, but now it's just getting old. ONE WEEK before my baby is due and they post 4 positions all within a 45 minute drive of my house. Each of these I have applied for at least 3 times since March and haven't even gotten an interview...to which you and my common sense says "Dana, at this point can't you just admit they don't want you and move on?" To which I answer NO...and i will tell you why. Every time I apply they have to look at my name AGAIN and even if eventually they do not wise up and think that I would be a great candidate for their precious little job, I apply just for the sheer fact that I know that it requires them to look at my stuff again and again and again....it's my big fact screw you to the man.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Do I need to come out there and kick some butt? I will do that for you ya knw, beig one f your 3 blog readers and all ;-).
ReplyDelete1. Eileen, were you drunk when you wrote that?
ReplyDelete2. Dana has 5 blog readers.
i'm glad you keep applying! DO IT! and eileen & miranda: you are both CRACKIN' me UP!
ReplyDelete