Friday, December 4, 2009
Now I'm stuck...
James’ cousin (the one whose mother was Glenda that James wants to name Amelia after) told James’s other cousins about us naming the baby after her mom…which means 1) I’m now stuck with the name and 2) she TOTALLY ruined the only surprise we had left. James has had this romanticized idea about telling his uncle that he was going to name the baby after his aunt and yada yada yada and of course, like James does, he’s been dragging his feet about it. We’ve purposefully not told everyone the rest of her name because they already know everything else- gender, what we’re calling her, etc and I wanted something special to be just ours until her arrival. But NO! Apparently we’re not allowed that. THAT is what I get for wanting to ask her so early. I made him ask her in September in case she said no he could find another name and he wanted to wait but I wanted her to say no so he would change it and now not only did she say yes but she’s told everyone in the family and I’m stuck with it. And I KNOW I sound like I’m 5 and that I shouldn’t be whining and that I should just feel lucky to get to be having my baby and I do…it’s just the ONE thing we had left that was our little secret and now the cat’s out of the bag. GRRRRR! I was nice about it though. I really do love his cousin and I know she didn’t do it maliciously and I told her that it wasn’t a big deal and it’s not. It’s just that that was James’ secret to tell and she ruined it. Let’s just go smash my wedding cake again and then go blow our noses on my wedding dress while we’re at it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment